We are excited that you have chosen to pursue an online degree in Astronomical and Planetary Sciences. Please review the tabs below to find next steps relevant to what you need.
Lauren (Nicole) Mendivil
Academic Success Advisor (ASU Online students)
Phone: (480) 965-3585
How to schedule an advising appointment:
- Current Astronomical and Planetary Sciences students can schedule an appointment by logging into your My ASU page and navigating to Academic Support Team > Academic Advising. NOTE: Newly admitted ASU Online students must complete a pre-advising course before scheduling an appointment. To enroll in the course please see the "New Students" section below. New ASU Online students who schedule an appointment but do not have a completed course on file will be asked to reschedule.
- Prospective students with questions regarding our online degree, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing for your advising appointment:
- We highly encourage students to connect with us over Zoom for advising (no camera required). Zoom appointments allow the advisor to better assist you during your appointment because we can screen share with you during the meeting to show you where to find important information and resources, and also provide important notes and links in the chat box.
- All students should prepare for advising appointments by reviewing their full Degree Audit Report (DARS), reviewing their major map, and creating a list of questions or discussion items for the advisor.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at: email@example.com
Welcome to ASU Online!
To get started with your first semester, here are the next steps to follow:
Step 1: Complete the Pre-Advising Workshop
- In this class, you will learn how ASU Online semesters work and the time commitments required. You will also learn important information about your degree requirements, how your transfer credit may apply, and career outcomes.
- After completion, you will be directed on how to schedule an appointment to discuss any further questions and to complete your first-semester enrollment.
- Click here to get started
Step 2: Enroll in Orientation
- Click here to view a guide on how to register for classes.
- First-Year Students (0-23 credit hours) - Enroll in ASU 101-LA: The ASU Experience.
- Transfer Students (24 or more credit hours) – Steps to enroll in orientation are located under your “Priority Tasks” on your My ASU account
Step 3: Schedule Advising Appointment
- After completing the above steps, schedule your first advising appointment.
- Appointments can be scheduled by clicking on the Academic Advising section of your My ASU page. All appointments are Arizona time.
- Please select the follow Purpose of Appointment: New Student – First Semester Registration
- Prepare for advising appointments by creating a list of questions or discussion items for the advisor and having a computer accessible during the appointment time.
If you have any questions or issues completing the above steps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, all AST and SES courses (except for SES 106) are only available once a year. To prevent pre-requisite issues that may delay your graduation, please meet with your advisor regularly.
Schedule appointments with your academic advisor to discuss scheduling classes, academic warnings, probation, graduation, or any other questions. Appointments can be scheduled by clicking on the Academic Advising section of your My ASU page. All appointments are Arizona time.
If you need additional support outside of the academic advisor services, please review the Additional Services tab for further assistance.
Additional ASU Services
Success Coaches are here to support you throughout your time at ASU and can provide help with managing time and stress, career and professional exploration, resources that are relevant to you, and more! You can schedule an appointment on your MyASU in the Coaching section under academic support team or call 844-691-2240.
Career Services offers both in-person and virtually:
Online tutoring is provided live via Zoom, which allows you to speak directly with a tutor, share your screen with your problems, and work collaboratively in a whiteboard space with the tutor. The tutor will have a camera and will use audio to communicate with you. View this introduction to online tutoring video.
To get started with online tutoring:
360 Life Services is a comprehensive support program that offers free, 24/7 counseling and crisis intervention in person or by phone. You can also chat at your convenience with topic specialists in legal, personal finance, childcare, education and more. This confidential resource supports your education, career and personal needs.For immediate, live services, call 833-223-9883.